10-Minute Easiest Sponge Cake
El Bulli restaurant in Spain was the #1 restaurant in the world. Their chef Ferran Adria was known as one of the most creative minds in the industry. The restaurant was located in a secluded location along the coast of Spain and getting a table was next to impossible.
They were known for their cutting edge kitchen creations and one of them was a pillowy sponge cake that melts in your mouth… and only takes 10 minutes to make with no baking involved.
Now with a whipping siphon you can make the same world class creation in your home kitchen today! On to the recipe!
- 95mL of whole milk 55mL Vegetable oil 1 Large egg
- 2 Egg whites
- 95g Sugar
- 53g Cake Flour 2.5g salt
- Whipping siphon
- One 8g N20 charge
- Paper Cup
- 10 min
- Makes 6 cakes, 45g each
- Add milk, oil, egg, and egg whites to blender jar. Then add sugar, cake flour, and salt. Blend until well mixed.
- Add batter into whipping siphon. Close lid tightly to seal canister. Charge with one N20 cartridge. Shake whipping siphon 4-5 times. Tip: After adding batter and screwing the lid on, hold the siphon UPSIDE down while charging. This will let the gas pass through the batter resulting in a more aerated batter. Optional: use paper cups (microwave safe) and cut 4 slits in the bottom for easy removal.
- Dispense 45g of batter into each cup.
- Microwave on high for 40 seconds (based on 1100W microwave).
- Invert cups and let cool for two minutes. Then use a thin paring knife to run along the edges of the cup to loosen the cakes. Gently tap on the bottom to release. Spread the cake into two halves. Add toppings if desired. Serve and enjoy!
How did it go? Share your dishes with your friends and tag us #animatokitchen