Fastest Cold Brew Coffee
I don’t know about you but I love cold brew coffee especially when the temperature rises. There’s nothing like cold, smooth, and delicious cold brew coffee to keep you cool while giving you a boost. And it doesn’t have any sour or bitter tones that you get if you were to try to add a regular cup of hot coffee over ice.
The difference is actually in the cold brewing process. Without getting too technical by slowly brewing the coffee at a low temperature, only the “good flavors” are extracted from the coffee beans. And you get none of the sour and bitter notes that only are extracted from high heat in a regular coffee brewing process.
But one of the downsides to cold brew is the TIME it takes. Most recipes call for it to brew slowly over 24-48 hours.
I don’t know about you but sometimes I don’t have that patience or time to spare.
So good news - with our whipped cream dispenser you can cut that time down to TWO hours. And the actual process only takes about 5-10 minutes! You could brew it in the morning and have it ready for the rest of the day.
- 200g of concentrated coffee
- 50g of coffee beans
- 250g of water
- Coffee grinder
- Whipping siphon
- Cream Chargers (N2O)
- Pour-over Coffee Filter
- 2 hours
- Grind whole beans to the size of kosher salt - 0.8mm to 1.0mm. Add to the empty whipping siphon
- Add 250g of water. Screw lid on securely. Charge with one cream charger (N2O). Lightly swirl to mix but DO NOT SHAKE. You don’t want the coffee grounds to get stuck in the nozzle. So it’s important to keep the canister upright at all times (including while in the fridge).
- Refrigerate Siphon for 2 hours to chill and allow coffee to infuse.
- Vent the siphon by keeping the siphon upright and hold a towel or empty inverted glass over the nozzle. Release the gas slowly by slowing pressing down the lever. Keep releasing until most of the gas is gone.
- Filter the coffee using a pourover coffee filter paper to strain out grounds to get filtered cold brew coffee!
- Pour over ice and add water for iced cold brew coffee
- Pour over ice cream for a deliciously smooth and creamy affogato!