Fizzy Fruit - Carbonated Grapes, Lychee, Orange, Grapefruit, and More
For a healthy and fun dessert that will surprise your guests, try this easy fizzy fruit recipe. It’s a hundred times more delicious than regular fruit. And it really highlights the flavor.
This is an easy kitchen trick that many chefs have kept as a secret for years to impress their customers and we’d like to share it with you today.
It works great with juicy fruits such as grapes, lychee, orange, grapefruit, and watermelon.
For best results make sure to cut up larger pieces of fruit so that have maximum surface area that is exposed to the gas to get maximum fizziness.
NOTE: you will need C02 or soda chargers for this recipes.
- Fruit - washed, dried, and chilled - We love to use grapes, kiwi, lychee, orange, grapefruit, watermelon, and more
- Whipping siphon
- C02 Charger
- At least 1 hour
- Clean and prepare fruit. Make sure that the pieces are small enough to fit inside the whipped cream dispenser. PRO TIP: grapes, lychee, oranges, grapefruit, watermelon, and other watery fruits tend to work well. Be creative!
- Put fruit into whipping siphon. Close the lid tightly and charge with one soda cartridge (CO2). Note: DO NOT USE N20.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour. The longer you let it set, the fizzier the fruit will be. Test and try different fruit sizes and fruit types to find your favorite results!
- Now you’re ready to serve. First vent the siphon to release the gas by placing it upright and hold a thick towel or empty cup over the siphon vent. Press down on the lever slowly to release the excess gas. After the gas is released then you can safely unscrew the top and remove the fruit. Service immediately for maximum fizziness!
How did it go? We’d love to see pictures of your creations so please share with us!