Perfect Hot Chocolate
Hot chocolate and whipped cream is a match made in heaven. By now you probably have the whipped cream part down pat with your Animato whipped cream dispenser. But do you have a good hot chocolate recipe?
Today we’d like to share a classic hot chocolate recipe that uses Hershey’s cocoa powder. The stuff that you grew you on when you were a kid.
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar (30 mL)
- 1 tbsp HERSHEY'S Cocoa (15 mL)
- pinch salt (pinch)
- 1 cup milk (250 mL)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract (1 mL)
- Stir sugar with cocoa and salt in a large, heat-proof mug. Heat remaining milk in heat-proof measure in the microwave on HIGH (100%) for 1 1/2 minutes or until steaming. Gradually stir hot milk into cocoa mixture. Stir in vanilla. Makes 1 serving.
- One variation that I like is to sprinkle cinnamon on top. The spiciness brings out the depth of the chocolate flavors and the hint of heat balances against the cold whipped cream.
Voila - hot chocolate and whipped cream!