Rosemary Thyme Olive Oil
As the weather warms up, we start turning to more salads and grilled veggies, meat and seafood. One of the best ways to add easily add tons of flavor to these dishes is to use flavored oils.
Traditionally infusing oils with herbs can takes days if not WEEKs. The only way of speeding things up was to HEAT the oil but who wants to heat a fine extra virgin olive oil and lose the flavors of the oil?
You can buy store bought infused oils but they can cost upwards of $30 a bottle and may come in weird flavors like Calendula or Blood Orange.
You’re prayers have been answered! The whipping siphon can quickly infuse oils and keep the oils cool to preserve their natural flavors. Check out our favorite Rosemary Thyme Olive Oil recipe below.
It’s super easy and super delicious drizzled over your favorite grilled meats, fish, veggies, and salads.
Note: Once you make it go wild and use it up. This keeps for about a week or so since everything is fresh (no preservatives).
- 230mL (1cup) Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 10g Rosemary
- 10g Thyme
- Whipping siphon
- 1 N02 Charger
- 15 minutes
- 230mL Flavored Oil
- Wash and dry herbs thoroughly. For a clear olive oil leave the herbs WHOLE (do not cut). Add herbs to whipping siphon.
- Add Olive Oil. Close lid tightly to seal canister. Charge with one charge of N02. Shake for 30 seconds and let it stand for one minute. Note: Let siphon stand vertically to allow the oil to drip to the bottom and not spray out when venting.
- Vent the siphon by holding the canister upright and use a towel to cover the opening. This will catch any arrant oil from escaping.
- Once completely vented, then unscrew the lid and strain out the solids. Keep the oil and allow to sit for 5-10 minutes before serving. Keeps in the fridge for a week or so.